Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions of Use
1.1 Welcome to the Motherwell Shopping Centre website on www.motherwellshoppingcentre.co.uk (this “Site”). We are Promontoria Holding 146 BV
and we operate the Motherwell Shopping Centre. This website will provide you with information about all the facilities on offer at the shopping centre.
2. Our Responsibilities
2.1 Although we operate this Site, we are not a retailer, seller or any other kind of intermediary for you or any of the retailers. We do not sell any products available via this Site. We are not responsible for any products, sales, retailers or for any returns or warranties or after sale care. If you buy a product you buy it from the retailer direct and not from us.
3. Use of this Site
3.1 You can only use this Site for your own personal use and in accordance with these terms and conditions.
3.2 You must not:
3.2.1 hack or attempt to breach security or interfere with the working of this Site;
3.2.2 use this Site for any illegal purposes, including the sending of any content that is unlawful, offensive or which infringes the intellectual property rights of any other person;
3.2.3 use this Site to transmit any data that contains viruses or any other harmful programs;
3.3 create links to this Site from any other website.
4.1 You must ensure that your computer meets all the necessary technical requirements to access and use this Site.
4.2 We cannot guarantee that this Site will always be available and we may modify or suspend the Site at any time. We cannot guarantee that the contents of this Site will be free from any viruses and it is your responsibility to obtain appropriate anti-virus software.
5.1 We have taken all reasonable steps to ensure that the contents of this Website are accurate.
5.2 Visitors who use this Site and rely on any information do so at their own risk. Wedo not represent or warrant that the information accessible via this Site is accurate, complete or up to date. Availability of information is subject to change without notice.
5.3 The photographs, plans and drawings on this Site and in our brochures, and in general advertising material is provided only as a guide. The photographs do not necessarily give an accurate representation of the actual shops at the shopping centre.
5.4 Any illustrated location maps are a general guide only and any measurements are approximate.
5.5 We do not exclude liability for any fraudulent misrepresentations or for death or personal injury caused by our negligence.
5.6 Subject to Condition 5.5 you acknowledge that:
5.6.1 use of this Site is at your own risk and we are not liable to you for any damages or loss you may suffer as a result of using this Site or relying on any information contained on this Site;
5.6.2 we are not responsible for the acts or omissions of any of the retailers at the shopping centre or for their products and services or any issues you may have with any purchases;
5.6.3 we do not make any representations or warranties about the operation of this Site or its contents or whether this Site will meet your requirements or its availability or the products or services available from retailers at the shopping centre.
6. Ownership of the Site
6.1 We and our licensors own all right, title and interest in and all intellectual property rights (including copyright and database rights) and any other similar rights in the Site. The brands of the retailers are owned by the retailers and their licensors. Reproduction of all or any part of the contents of this Site in any form is prohibited other than in accordance with Condition 6.2 below.
6.2 You may print or download extracts from pages or whole pages for your personal use only if you include the copyright notice…“©Motherwell Shopping Centre” in/on all such printouts or downloads. This licence to print /copy does not permit incorporation of the material or any part of it in any other work or publication, whether in hard copy or electronic or any other form. No part of this Site may be distributed or copied for any commercial purpose.
7. Privacy and Cookies
7.1 A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
7.2 We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
7.3 Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
8. Links to other Websites
8.1 Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, we do not have any control over the other website and its content. Therefore we cannot be responsible for the security and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed these terms and conditions. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
These terms and conditions are governed by Scots law and the Scottish Courts will have jurisdiction to deal with any disputes arising from these terms and conditions.
Terms & Conditions
“Personal Data” is any data that identifies you. The Personal Data which you supply to us you agree will be true. We will deal with your Personal Data in compliance with the current UK data protection legislation. Please note this applies only to Motherwell Shopping Centre not to other companies’ or organisations’ websites to which we may link.
Personal Data will be collected, processed and used by Motherwell Shopping Centre, for the purposes of providing our service to you and the other purposes mentioned below. Personal Data may also be processed and used by such other organisations on our behalf for the purpose of providing the best possible service to you. The use of information will remain under the control of Motherwell Shopping Centre at all times. We do not sell or share your data with any third parties outside of Motherwell Shopping Centre. We collect data so that it can offer the best possible services and offers to you.
We only send post and email to you about news and services that we consider may be of interest to you only if you have given us permission to do so. If you have agreed to be contacted by telephone/mobile then calls may be monitored and may be recorded for quality and training purposes. Motherwell Shopping Centre privacy protection practices help us to maintain accurate, timely, complete and relevant Data for our business purposes.
Our general ‘Terms and Conditions’.
• The promoter of our competitions is Motherwell Shopping Centre. The promotions are in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Twitter or any other social media platform unless we specify otherwise.
• The twitter competitions are open to UK residents aged 18 or over, excluding the Motherwell Shopping Centre employees, their immediate family, or any person or company associated with the draw.
• To be eligible to enter any of our prize draws, you must be able to pick up your prize from Motherwell Shopping Centre, unless we state otherwise and their photo may be used in social media, Motherwell Shopping Centre website or press.
• Motherwell Shopping Centre reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without any notice.
• The management reserves the right to disqualify any entrant to any competition which it considers has used improper technical means to enter.
• All decisions of the management will be final and binding.
• There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to any of our competitions, unless we state otherwise.
• No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received after the closing date for whatever reason.
• No cash alternative to the prize will be offered and the prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
• The winner of the competition will be notified by Twitter or email unless we specify otherwise normally one hour after the promotion closing time.
• The winner’s contact details may be passed on to a third party for prize fulfilment purposes
• By entering the competition, the winner consents to any publicity generated as a result of the competition. This can be used on websites, social media platforms, magazines or mobile services at any time without further consent or payment.